The joy of teaching dance class for grown-ups:
- They know to pee before class starts
- They don’t try to swing from the barre.
- They know who The Beatles are AND who One Direction is!
- They can sing along to New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys.
- They remember when Michael Jackson was the best.
- They are not there because their Mom wants them to be a dancer.
- They don’t take the class too seriously, they are not getting ready for a Julliard audition or anything…
- They take class seriously.
- They are friendly and polite even though I allow them to swear.
- They are doing something really beneficial for their minds and bodies.
- They are taking some time for themselves.
- They are fun!
- I like dancing with them!
Thank you to all of the adult, grown-up, dancers who have come to get dancified with me so far…
You are all amazing!
(…and thank you for putting up with my jokes and my terrible singing! Haaaa!)